Arizona Republican Party 2017 Summer Internship Program
Thank you for your interest in the AZ GOP Summer Internship Program. These internships are fast-paced, high energy and will provide you with real-world political experience at the grassroots level.
Our internships are competitive and have the potential to lead to paid positions at the party. We also work closely with republican campaigns across Arizona, ranging from very local city races to our statewide races.
Interested? Please submit all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 1, 2017. Summer internships will run from June 15th to August 15th (or until the intern’s school semester begins). Whenever possible, we will work with your university to provide school credit for your work at the party.
Purpose: The communications intern works directly with the AZ GOP’s communications director to implement the party’s messaging strategy.
- Drafting and sending the daily newsletter to republicans across the state
- Strategizing, drafting and implementing social media content calendar
- Assisting with the drafting of press releases, statements and internal party communications
- Assisting with research
- Assisting with advance responsibilities when necessary
- Some undergraduate education with a focus in journalism, public relations, communications or political science
- Excellent writing skills
- Knowledge of social media platforms’ marketing components
- Knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign and Premiere Pro is helpful
- A creative mind, a willingness to learn and work hard, and a can-do attitude
Purpose: The AZGOP Political Intern will work with the Political Director to execute the party’s data strategy. The intern will be fully trained on our various voter databases to assist Republican candidates and grassroots volunteers and assist in the creation and execution of campaigns.
- Assist the Political Director with tasks and projects related to voter and electoral data
- Educate and work with Republican campaigns and grassroots members of the party on voter data systems such as GOP Data Center and i-360
- Develop and manage a volunteer database as a long-term resource for the state party.
- Some undergraduate education with a focus on political science, or similar field of study related to politics or data analytics
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel
Purpose: The AZGOP Field Intern is responsible for helping to build the AZGOP’s presence in communities across Arizona. The Field Intern will often represent and promote the AZGOP at a number of different events to register voters, fundraise, and help folks get more involved in the party.
- Assist the AZGOP team with outreach goals to communities and organizations.
- Organize and man AZGOP booths/tables at local events
- Work with the AZGOP Communications team to create promotional items for the outreach events
- Work with the AZGOP’s Political team to recruit volunteers and groups for upcoming party initiatives i.e. contacting voters, recruiting volunteers
- Assist the Chairman at community engagements and events
- Some undergraduate education in political science or similar field of study
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to work with diverse groups of people
- General knowledge of local organizations and events in Arizona
- Enthusiasm for the Republican Party and interest in registering new Republicans